Call for Papers: Urban Panorama
Regional Centre for Urban & Environmental
Studies (RCUES) Lucknow was established at University of Lucknow in the
year 1968. It is one of the premier Centers in the country in the field of urban
management. The Centre provides expertise, advisory services & consultancy services
to urban local bodies all over the country. Its main aim is to assist and strengthen
the decision-making process by making available to policy makers a critical and
objective analysis of the urban situation as well as alternative sets of approaches
to urban problems.
Purpose :We are in the process of inviting papers for the Centre's
Bi-Annual Journal URBAN PANORAMA for the January- June 2017 issue.
- Urban & Regional Planning
- Urban Transport
- Urban Poverty Alleviation: Skill Development, Self Help Group Mobilization & Development,
Development & Rehabilitation of Street Vendors
- Community Participation for promoting participatory Urban Decision Making
- Social Audit in Urban Development Projects
- Shelter and Housing
- Urban Sanitation
- Solid Waste Management
- Slaughter House Waste Management Ø Industrial Waste Management
- Hospital Waste Management
- Water supply and Sewerage Management
- River Front Development
- Rain Water Harvesting
- Municipal Finance and Resource Mobilization
- Double Entry Accounting System
- Geographical Information System and MIS in Urban Governance
- IT & E-Governance
- Management of Urban Environment including Disaster Management
- Conservation and Restoration of Water Bodies
- Women Empowerment and Development including Gender Budgeting
- Use of Non-Conventional Energy Resources in Urban Areas
- Automation of Urban Street Lights
- Information, Education & Communication (IEC) for Urban Development Projects
- Municipal Laws/Acts/Rules/Bye-laws
The submission should not generally exceed 6000-8000 words including tables and
Guidelines for Manuscript Submission
Manuscripts should be submitted in duplicate to RCUES. Alternatively, they should
be mailed to the Editorial team at RCUES
email@example.com. The length of the text should not exceed 6000
-8000 words including tables and references. An Abstract of 100 -150 words must
be given. Illustrations, Maps and Graphs should be submitted on separate sheets.
Material submitted to the Journal should not be published/ under review for publication
elsewhere: a Declaration to this effect should accompany the manuscript. On acceptance
of the manuscript for publication in the Journal, the author is required to submit
the material in soft copy either by mail or on Compact Disk in MS Word format. Any
complex Tables and Graphs must be submitted separately in Excel.
References should appear at the end of the main text before tables and figures.
It should be double spaced and listed in alphabetical order by author's name.
Consistency should be observed in the use of hyphen. Fore.g.either 'psycho-social'
or 'psychosocial' should be used throughout the article. Tables and Figures should
be indicated by numbers (Table 1) and not location (the Table below). Manuscripts
not accepted for publication would not be returned to the contributions (s) unless
the request for their return is accompanied by a stamped and self-addressed envelope.
Book reviews and review article will be accepted only when accompanied by one copy
of the book reviewed. Urban Panorama prefers articles (English/Hindi) of practical
value. The Chief Editor is responsible for the selection and acceptance of articles,
but responsibility for views expressed in them rest with the author(s). All rights
reserved. No part of this Journal may be reproduced or utilized in any form, without
permission in writing from the Director, Regional Centre for Urban and Environmental
Authors should send a brief resume indicating institutional affiliation, title
of position, address, phone/fax number and email address.
All editorial correspondence and subscription inquiries should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
by May 22, 2017.
Regional Centre for Urban &
Environmental Studies, Lucknow
Adjacent Registrar’s Office,
University of Lucknow- 226007
Phone: 0522-2740165, 2740382, 2740108